I wanted to sew a looser fitting dress because it would be more forgiving with my current sewing abilities. I tend to have difficulties fitting my garments the way I want them to (and in particular form-fitting dresses), so to avoid the fit-as-I-go sewing that I usually end up doing (that isn’t so efficient), I decided to pick a looser pattern to work with.
I chose a glue-green silky material (from my stockpile of fabric) that I thought would drape well. This dress is basically like a large shapeless shirt with loose sleeves that have elastic at the ends. The tie at the waist creates the shape of the dress or I can replace the tie with a belt to change the look.
The pattern was fairly straightforward and I didn’t really run into any major problems. There are definitely sections of my dress that aren’t as pretty as they could be, but overall it isn’t too bad.