Thursday, March 8, 2018

Navy Dress

I've sewn a raspberry version of this dress some years ago. I remember it being fairly simple to make, so I thought I'd make it again. My new navy version of this dress turned out…okay. I admit, I didn't go back and try to recall what I did on the raspberry version of the dress, and I pretty much made the same mistakes as I did before. [Sigh.]

The first error is that the skirt and bodice seams don't align properly in the back—it's about a quarter of an inch off when I zip it up. Which is why it's good to wear a belt or sash over my mistake.

The second error is that dress was too loose in the bodice. So after the dress was sewn, I just sewed the sides in. I know it's super sloppy, but I didn't want to undo everything because I'm lazy. So the dress fits a bit better than it did before, and I can and will wear it, but the craftsmanship on this dress isn't particularly good.

No comments:

Post a Comment